Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Biggest Loser Syndrome

I feel in weight loss that nowadays we what I call, "The Biggest Loser Syndrome". These weight loss TV shows somehow lead us to believe that EVERYBODY can lose 12lbs a week as long as you workout! However, there is a problem with this. What we don't see is the contestants working out 8hrs a day! Who can do that? Not an everyday person. And I will say...if I had 2 of the best trainers in the world, a nutritionist, and no access to the very foods that got me into this predicament...I would lose 80lbs in 3 months also! I am just saying. On a side note, I do love the show because it is very inspirational.

Weight loss really comes down to, what works best for the individual. I cannot do the same workout plan and regimen as some of the other ladies I know on myfitnesspal.com, as they cannot do the same routine that I do. Plain and simple! You have to take each day as a personal challenge. Everyday you have to set goals for yourself, as it pertains to exercise and eating. You have to play your mental "Rocky" theme song and take on the day.

So do not be discouraged by the fact that your weight loss may not be what it is for contestants on weight loss shows! These people are not in normal, everyday positions that the majority of people on a weight loss journey are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment