Monday, June 27, 2011

A little update

I need to be in blogger prison right now lol. You know I have missed you all right? Well it has been a little hectic these past few weeks. I started a new fitness challenge on myfitnesspal.com, did an Insurance Licensing Class for my job this week, BeachBody business, etc. So needless to say, I am in desparate need of a writing release.

I will say that I am nervous about going to California in July. It is one of those mental things where I haven't seen anyone from home since September and I want to make sure I am happy with how I look and comfortable with presenting my progress. I think I am just getting into my own head actually, but at the same time it is still a little nerve racking. But one thing I will say, is that I hope I can inspire some of my friends and family at home. That is really what it is always about for me...hoping that someone can see that you can get results and truly feel better when you know and do better for yourself.

My plan is to start TurboFire today back on week 2, in order to be on the same schedule as a friend of mine and to be accountability partners. I got all the way to week 7, but hey...I love Chalene so I can never get enough of it lol. I will also be looking into to some 5Ks for later on this year. I am not a runner at all...but I do think it would be an awesome achievement to complete 1 and then maybe a few more after that to improve my times.

I have found that in this fitness journey, it is so important to keep yourself engaged by setting more goals for yourself in addition to the weight loss component. It can be so discouraging if the only thing you look forward to is a number on the scale. The number on the scale matters for me, but I will be more likely to keep going with it even when the number is not what I want, if I know I am training for or trying to obtain something else. It is CRUCIAL to keep yourself motivated with other fitness and health related things in order to make this a true lifestyle change.

I will write more today or tomorrow, but wanted to give a little update while I am here at work....suppose to be working...but nevertheless lol Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment