Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Motivation for the Unmotivated

Now let me be the first person to be honest about this...I get unmotivated from time to time. I credit it to being a full time worker, mommy, household manager, business owner, friend, daughter, and everything else that happens in life. Do I come home some days and say, "I just want to put on some comfy pajamas and go to bed until tomorrow!" You bet I do, or have a mommy moment where I want to scream, pull my hair out and contemplate running away to some tropical island with no phone, email, kids or people at all!? God yes! But at the same time, I just have to keep reminding myself that I have one chance at life and I owe it to myself to be the best I can possibly be and also be happy while I am doing it!

If you need to take a few days off to regroup yourself, get your life in order....do it! There is no need to burn yourself out. It makes you so unproductive when you get to the point of wanting to just fall out. Your workouts will suck, you will not eat well, and you lose all reason to be motivated. Life is funny in this way....I think the average person spends more time "picking themselves up off the ground" than actually basking in the sunlight and enjoying the things that we love the most. Now I am not saying everyone is going to fall in love with working out, but most people who do it regularly enough will have to admit that there is an amazing feeling you get after KILLING and workout! It is the moment where the scale or the measurement tape doesn't matter, the moment that you look in the mirror with sweat dripping from everywhere and you say, "I am a BEAST" you may not say that aloud, but you are thinking it for sure :)

So what I say to those who have those lethargic kind of F it days....pick yourself up, strap on those workout clothes, make that salad and get to work! You will be glad you did, not just because you are burning calories, but because you are making time for yourself! In life we spend so much time doing things for everyone else. Taking that little bit of time for yourself is so crucial to keeping yourseld sane! So what are you waiting for?! MOVE!

1 comment:

  1. There’s is nothing more powerful for self-motivation than the right attitude. You can’t choose or control your circumstance, but can choose your attitude towards your circumstances.

    ReplyDelete