Friday, November 6, 2009

1200 Calories? Really?!

As you all know I had a doctor's appointment this past Wednesday.

Well I went to the doctor and she gave me three medication options:Phentermine, Alli, and some other one that I can't remember the name of. Well it turns out that my blood pressure is too high 140/88 to take the Phentermine and the unnamed medication. Which made me a little dissappointed, because I know phentermine works really well. However, she did give me a little grim news about how it can cause heart valve problems up to a year after you are off the medication! So this freaked me out a little bit since heart valve problems run in my family. Long story short, I decided to go with the Alli.

I am waiting to see if my insurance will cover it, since technically I have been diagnosed with obesity. But in the mean time, my doctor let me know that I need to now go on a 1200 calorie a day diet! I must have looked at her like she was crazy!!! Now, I don't know what I normally eat in a day...but something tells me that a double cheeseburger, large fry, and dr. pepper are definitely not going to be in my near future. So she had me buy a food journal, and starting Monday I have to write down what I eat. Her exact words were, "I want to know EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth. If you pick up a grape in the grocery store to eat it, you better right it down!" Yikes!

With all this said, I do like that she is making me be accountable for what I am putting in my mouth. She also wants me to up my working out to 6 days a week! I didn't remember signing up for The Biggest Loser...but ok! Fair enough. Like I said, she is making me accountable and is basically in this thing with me...which I like, because most doctors wouldn't give a shit! They would just prescribe the pills and tell me to be on my marry way.

So goodbye Dr. Pepper, and Banana Cream Pie....goodbye Mickey D's and Pizza Hut.....and HELLO Lean Cuisine and Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts!

I have also decided to do some before pictures.....you know like how they do in The Biggest Loser....I think it will be a good reminder of where I know longer want to be. I am also going to do some new measurements...just to make sure that the other ones were not off.

Wish me luck!

K. BROCK....OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment