Thursday, November 12, 2009

So it has been a week since I last wrote...but anywho.

I started on the 1200 calorie a day thing Monday and it is Thursday and I am feeling great! The first day was rough, I was getting headaches and feeling like crap...but by day 2 I was fine.

I really feel like the trick is writing down EXACTLY what you eat and planning your day out as far as what you are going to eat. That way if you are on the go with your snack, you have already written down and know what you are putting in your mouth. Also, the trick is definitely to eat every 2 to 3 hours. If it weren't for me doing that, I would have been done! So your body never goes into starving mode...it kind of alerts me when I need to put something in my mouth.

I count every calorie now, as well as my fat grams per day, carbs per day, protein and sodium intake. I got this really great food journal that helps you track all of it, for every meal and then your totals at the end of the day.

I have found that in a day, I don't even make it to 1200 calories, I am usually around 1000-1100...but I am not hungry! Which is amazing to me. So now I see that most of the time I was just overeating when my body did not need it.

I am also walking 2 miles a day.....everyday and the days that I do not get to it...I strap on my workout shoes and do it on the treadmill at work! So for 4 days straight now, I have been walking. Which is seriously a record or something for me! LOL

I definitely have come to some realizations in this process. I know how people always say "You shouldn't deprive yourself when you are on a diet" But honestly there are some cases where you do have to do that...I mean realistically, I cannot eat a piece of banana cream pie or of chocolate cake. I just can't do that, I just can't drink a Dr. Pepper or have an In N Out Double Double...I can't! And there comes a point where you don't want to. Especially, when you are writing everything down that you put in your mouth. Because it is all about accountability. Same thing with have cheat days...they should really call it a cheat meal..because you CANNOT have a whole day of eating everything that you want. What I did was say...."Ok, I am only giving myself one day a month to eat off track, and that does not mean every meal" So I said Thanksgiving, Xmas, and My Birthday. One a month and that is it....and I have to instead of doing 2 miles I am going to have to do 4 or do 2 miles and aerobics. You have to know that in order for you to lose weight, you have to sometimes be a little hard on yourself.

However, I am just speaking for me, what I am having to do in order to lose weight. Everyone is different and different things work for different people. But being accountable and realisitc applies to anyone trying to lose or get healthy. I have a whole fridge full of sodas and I have not touched one. I had a banana cream pie (my fav), birthay cake, my boyfriend made eggs, biscuits, and sausage for breakfast today and I didnt even think twice about eating. A Co-worker brought in cupcakes that she made for us, there was one left here that was suppose to be for me...and I threw it away. Because I knew that that was what I have to do, and need to do...for me! And I am sooooo proud of myself....and that is how I know that I am doing this, FOR ME!

My blood pressure has gone down, which is great! So I can see that this is already starting to work. I am at the point where I am extremely happy that people are supporting me. But at if no one was, I would still be doing this because I feel like I am my biggest coach and I am the star player of my own team.

I am blessed and so happy, and still pray to God each night to keep me focused...and I think this is the way of him telling me that I always had it in me...he is just there just in case I stumble.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo proud of you. You have now givin' me strength to try harder because there is no way that I'm going to let you get skinner them me faster LOL J/P. Keep up the good work !!!!

    ReplyDelete