Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Mental Plateau

I can handle my body hitting a plateau...but when your mind does...WOW!

This week I experienced the worst week mentally, thus far in my journey. It was associated with a gain from last week, but it did something to me mentally. I didn't feel like giving up...but I did feel like, "How am I inspiring others if I haven't even lost 10lbs since I started this challenge!?". I became disappointed with myself because I felt like I should have been doing better. I knew that I could do better, but how?! So I went through a funk of sorts...and in the end, I realized this...


I have lost 40lbs since I first started losing weight. And more like almost 50 if I count how much I weighed when I delivered my son 2 1/2 years ago. So this was something that I should have seen coming. Out of all the research that I had done...I never thought to look into what to do when your body reaches a plateau. Furthermore, I was not mentally prepared for it! I guess I had this feeling that I would just keep dropping the weight with no foul ups, as long as I kept eating and exercising. I have to blame myself for this. Had I been prepared, I don't think it would have affected me in the way that it did. However, I have come up with a solution...

I have to get back to my "clean" eating, I need to switch up my workout routine, and most importantly need to make sure that I am fueling my body enough. At the end of the day, I was netting way less than 1200 calories in a day...which may have been the problem. I feel like I needed this little dose of reality to hit me. This will make me better equipped in the future and able to give better advice to other's. I felt so bad this week not being the constant inspiration to my MFP friends, because I know that some of them look forward to hearing positive things. In this journey it is so easy to fall victim to negativity or no motivation, and I am living proof now that you just have to refocus, congratulate yourself for the changes you HAVE made thus far, and clearly define what you are going to do from this day forward to meet your goals.

Ok, so with that being said...I am back to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment