Sunday, March 13, 2011

Can a Full Figured Woman Get A Break?! DANG

How long are we going to let society define what beauty is? When are we going to stand up and say, "I'm 5'8 and 160lbs and I'm just as beautiful as her!" ? Or "I'm 5'4 and 150lbs and I may have a little more to love but I am still a DIVA." ? What does it take and who do full figured women have as a mortar to carry the torch of non-skinny women everywhere?!

Here is the thing, I have nothing against women who are naturally slim and just don't gain weight...do your thing mama! However, I have banked my whole teens to mid twenties thinking that Marilyn Monroe was a size 10 and everyone loved her, only to find out that the size 10 of the 50's was really a size 6!! Really?! That was a blow to the ego! So who do we have...no one! Maybe Janet Jackson or Tyra Banks...but as soon as the media starts whispering about weight gain...they drop the weight and run away, as if they forgot about that twinkie they had last week!

This is what I am going to say...define your own beauty. Find your healthy weight, and if it still isn't super model size...so what! Hold your head high and STRUT everywhere you go...treat aisle 6 at the grocery store like it is your runway in Milan. This way people see that we are not going to hide behind bad posture because we are "too tall", black clothes because our hips are "too" wide...we are going to be confident in who we are because WE ARE beautiful...we represent the majority honey and last time I checked...majority rules! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment